Bat’z #2 is a large area rug woven by hand on a traditional foot-loom from 100% hand-spun sheep wool. Bat’z is the first of the 20 signs of the Mayan calendar. Bat’z is the thread. The thread of time. The thread of destiny.
All of the rugs by QUE ONDA VAS are designed in Belgium by Hanne de Wyngaert and then spun, dyed, and handwoven by Mayan weavers in Guatemala. We strive to provide economic opportunity and celebrate indigenous tradition to create beautiful and functional products.
- Material: 100% hand-spun sheep wool (from local sheep)
- Colours: off white, grey and black, natural colours of wool
- Weaving technique: foot loom
- Size: 160cm width x 210cm length
- Handmade in Guatemala
- Bio cotton ‘Que Onda Vos’ label, made in the Netherlands
- Because all products are entirely made by hand, there will always be a slight difference in color and dimension.